황세진
Saejin HWANG
작가 전시이력 Exhibition History

2020 채움의 미학, 비트리 갤러리, 서울
2012 여심불변, 갤러리소헌, 서울(COEX, KIAF)
2008 꽃을 입히다, 갤러리도스, 서울
2007 색의 오만과 시각의 편견, 경인미술관, 서울

작가설명

세심하게 오려낸 수백의 꽃무늬 천 조각들로 구성된 황세진의 작품은 시각적으로 아름다움을 표현하고 있다. 작가는 전통적인 자연적 순수성이 사라지는 것을 안타까워하며 현대인의 상업적이고 인공적인 아름다움에 치우친 생각들을 비판하기 위해 꽃을 모티브로 사용하고 있다. 멀리서 보면 작가의 작품은 모두 그려진 듯 하지만 가까이 보면 여러 개의 화려한 꽃무늬 패턴을 잘라 붙이고 그 위에 물감으로 음영을 주어 그려내는 방법으로 실재감을 주는 정교한 작품으로 표현하고 있다.

Artist Description

Artist Saejin Hwang's collages are an explosion of fashion and manufactured goods. Such domestic scenes make wardrobes into microcosms of consumer desires. And despite the busy overflow, there’s an uncertainty with an emptiness that product lines cannot fill.
“In such floral imagery we can see the artifice of modern civilisation,” said Hwang. “It is losing the scent of real beauty in a paradoxical way. I think artists need to empathise with different aspects of the modern world. From a distance my work looks like a painting,” said Hwang. but almost 90 percent of it is collage using patterned cloth. I transfer a sketch to tracing paper, after arranging the college part and adding cloth to it and then finishing it with the acrylic painting to support details of shade.